Author: Brandon VineyardDate: 2022-09-25
Salt and Pepper Chicken – create this popular Chinese dish in your own home, perfectly delicious and Slimming friendly These Salt and Pepper Chips are a fantastic, slimming friendly alternative to what you'd find in your local takeaway and are great if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers. As it's a slow cooker recipe, you can happily leave it for 4-5 hours unattended to cook the chicken, then add the vegetables and noodles for the last hour.
Chinese Salt and Pepper Chicken
Salt and Pepper Chicken is a popular Chinese dish that you can make at home. It tastes great and is Slimming-friendly.
Total time: 55 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 19
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 small carrot, julienned (or sliced into thin matchsticks
- ¼ cup (60ml) of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Chinese five spice
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sweetener (I use Erythritol)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approx 650g/23oz) , trimmed of all visible fat and cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch (or tapioca or arrowroot powder)
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1 egg
- spray oil
- Calories: 320 calories
- Carbohydrate: 22.3 grams carbohydrates
- Cholesterol: 345 milligrams cholesterol
- Fat: 10.1 grams fat
- Fiber: 3.1 grams fiber
- Protein: 33.4 grams protein
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 grams saturated fat
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Sodium: 2366 milligrams sodium
- Sugar: 7 grams sugar
- Trans Fat: 0 grams trans fat
- Unsaturated Fat: 20 grams unsaturated fat
How to cook:
- Put the chicken in a big bowl and add a lot of salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then pour it over the chicken, toss it well to coat it, and pour off the extra.
- Sprinkle the starch in slowly, tossing the chicken as you go, until it is well covered.
- Add to the actifry, spray the top with spray oil, and set the timer for 30 minutes, or until the food is nice and golden (it may take slightly less or longer).
- Spray oil into a pan or wok that is on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute to soften.
- Add the peppers and chili, and then add the stock a little at a time, tossing the mixture as you go, until it is all gone.
- Add the carrots, soy sauce, and rice vinegar, and cook until the liquid is gone.
- Mix the ingredients for the salt and pepper mix in a bowl.
- When the chicken is done, sprinkle some of the salt and pepper mix on it and turn the actifry back on. Keep doing this until the chicken is seasoned the way you like. I wouldn't add it all at once because your taste may be different and you may want less.
- Once it tastes the way you want it to, Throw the chicken and vegetables together in the frying pan or wok.
- Put chopped spring onions on top.
- Serve with the sides of your choice.
Notes: Slimming World Slow Cooker Lo Mein, Instructions. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, chicken stock, ginger and garlic to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Add the …
Are chow mein noodles syn free on Slimming World?
How to make a low fat Chinese chow mein takeaway dish?
Combine the sweet chilli sauce and dark soy sauce with the vegetable and chicken mixture, stirring for 4-5 minutes until it is heated thoroughly. Serve while hot and savor! This healthier rendition of the beloved Chinese chow mein takeout dish is low in fat. Remember to calculate the nutritional values based on your specific dietary needs.
What is Chow Mein made out of?
Chow Mein, which translates to 'stir noodle' or 'stir-fried noodle', incorporates egg noodles, chicken, and vegetables such as carrots, spring onions, and mange tout. Nevertheless, feel free to substitute or include any desired meat or vegetables. This Chicken Chow Mein recipe provides a fast and uncomplicated meal option.
What do you need to make chicken chow mein?
This quick and easy Chicken Chow Mein is ideal for when you've had a busy day or simply want something uncomplicated. To prepare this dish, you'll require a few key Oriental ingredients such as dark soy sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, and Chinese five spice.
slimming world salt and pepper chow meinchinese salt and pepper chickenslow cooker lo mein one syn
Slimming world friendly Salt and Chilli Chicken Chow Mein
First try at a cooking video, didn't use the big cameras or lights but will do for now. Got a few more already recorded that i could upload if anyone wants t
Salt and Pepper Chips | Slimming & Weight Watchers Friendly
These Salt and Pepper Chips are a great, slimming-friendly alternative to the chips you'd find at your local takeout. They're great if you're counting calories or following a plan like Weight Watchers.
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Number of ingredients: 12
- 3 large potatoes
- 1-2 spring onions (finely diced)
- ½ green pepper (chopped)
- ½ red pepper (chopped)
- 1-2 whole chillies (deseeded and sliced)
- 2 tsp salt and pepper spice mix (see below for the recipe)
- low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- ½ tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 good pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- Calories: 288 kcal
- Carbohydrate: 65 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 2890 mg
- Fiber: 10 g
- Sugar: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.34 g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
How to cook:
- To make the mixture of salt and pepper
- Mix all of the spices together to make the spice mix.
- To Make the Chips - Method Using an Oven
- Get the oven to 200°C first.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chips with large pieces.
- Put them in a pot of salted boiling water and let them cook until they start to soften but are still pretty firm.
- Drain the potatoes and use low-calorie cooking spray to coat a baking sheet.
- Coat the potatoes with low-calorie cooking spray and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper mix.
- Put them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are soft and starting to turn color.
- Spray a frying pan with a lot of low-calorie cooking spray. Add the chopped spring onions, peppers, and chilies, and cook for a few minutes, until they start to soften.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper spice mix on the potatoes and add them to the pan (you can use as much or as little as you like). Stir and toss the ingredients so they don't stick together and burn. You might need to add a little more Low calorie cooking spray to the pan.
- Keep cooking the chips until they're golden brown, and then serve.
- How to Make Chips Using an Air Fryer
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunky chips. Use some kitchen roll to dry them off.
- Put the chips in a bowl and use a good amount of Low calorie cooking spray to coat them.
- Use the Salt and Pepper Spice Mix to cover the food (you can use as much or as little as you like).
- Put them in the air fryer and let them cook for twenty minutes. Then add the chopped peppers and chilies and keep cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Cook for 5 minutes after adding the chopped spring onions.
- Check that the chips are cooked and golden brown and that the chili, peppers, and spring onions are cooked. If they are not, cook for a few more minutes and then serve.
Notes: Calories in Slimming World Salt & Pepper Chicken Chow, There are 78 calories in 100 g of Slimming World Salt & Pepper Chicken Chow Mein. Nutrition Facts Serving Size 100 g per serve % RI* Energy 326 kj 4% 78 kcal Fat …
Slow Cooker Lo Mein
A tasty recipe for making Lo Mein in a slow cooker. Since it's a slow cooker recipe, you can leave the chicken to cook for 4-5 hours before adding the vegetables and noodles in the last hour.
Total time: 380 minutes
Cook time: 360 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Number of ingredients: 13
- 3 Large Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey (2.5 Syns)
- 150 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 3 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
- 225 g Mushrooms (sliced)
- 0.5 Cabbage (shredded)
- 2 Carrots (Julienned)
- 350 g Noodles
How to cook:
- Stir the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, chicken stock, and sesame oil into the slow cooker. Mix the chicken fillets into the sauce so that the chicken is completely covered. Cover the slow cooker and cook it on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- 20 minutes before the chicken is done, follow the directions on the package to cook the noodles.
- Take the chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and shred them with two forks. Leave the sauce and juices in the slow cooker.
- Stir the spring onions, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, and noodles together in the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue cooking for another hour, or until the noodles are done and the vegetables are soft.
- Mix in the chicken, and then serve.
Notes: Slimming World Chicken Chow Mein Recipe, In a large bowl, add light soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and Chinese five spice and mix together. Add the chicken and coat well, marinate for at least 15 …
Read more:Easy italian wedding soup recipe with spinach
Related recipes :
Write a comment: